SCAMMERS BEWARE!

Has anyone noticed the number of scammers on dating sites? I have had three scammers contact me in the last month. I have turned them all in, but they just keep coming. So I am posting this to let everyone know. Here are a few safety tips that I looked up.

Trust Your Gut Instinct. If you get the feeling that there is something wrong, there is something wrong, get out of the conversation.

Don't Provide Personal Information. I found that many scammers will ask to send flowers right away, just politely say no. This is just another way to steal your information.

Look for Questionable Characteristics in Your Communication. Beware if they ask you for your MSN, Yahoo or private email right away, or if they give you their private email address right away.

Also beware of the use of terms of endearment right away. An honest person will use you user name before calling you something like "my queen" or "sweetie".

Also look for consistent spelling and grammatical errors and the use of common internet lingo like "Lol!" and "brb".

Ask for a recent photo. I always look at profiles with more than just a profile photo. (Guys, please post a photo!)

Stick With Paid Online Dating Services

Don't Get a False Sense of Security.

Meet in a Public Place for Your First Meeting.

If you feel that you have been contacted by a scammer, let your dating site know right away and give them the scammer's username. You can also report them directlt to the FBI, just go to the FBI website.

Comments

Popular Posts