Single?

OK, I was thinking this morning about an article that I read in the Ensign, an LDS publication. The article was about being single and the growing number of single, never been married adults in the Church. Now I know the author was trying the objective and fair, but I don't see a growing number of single, never been married, adults. What I do see is a growing number of single, never been married, adult, women. What is up with this and what is up with these LDS guys?

In my dating experience, I have found that LDS men non - LDS men alike have some unrealistic expectations. They seem to expect LDS women to look and act like the women that are seen on television or other forms of the media (trying to Google the word "woman", and you will see what I mean), but we are also expected to act like a woman of the Church, modest and hardworking.

I think these guys need to understand that we as women and daughters of our Heavenly Father cannot, and I repeat, cannot straddle the fence. We cannot be expected to act one way and look another.

Comments

Popular Posts