Men and MPMS (Male Premenstral Syndrom)

I have PMS, I admit it. The ugly PSM demon rears it ugly, moody, emotional, head just about every month to remind me that TOM (Time Of Month) is coming to visit. Lucky me and every woman on the planet.

But being a former college student, also means that I had roommates and we discussed this subject all the time. The reason that we talked about it all the time is, for one thing, our bathroom smelled bad once a month, and our cycles would sync up, at witch we would have to either buy stock in Motrin or call in an exorcist. One of my former roommates once told me that she had a theory that men also get PMS (her boyfriend had gotten upset about some little thing earlier that day, and took it out on her) or in their case MPMS too. I have found that she was right.

The human body has cycles, and men are not exempt. I once saw a video on Video Jug, called "How To Conceive a Boy", by producer James Peak. One of the things stated in this little British video is that if a couple want to conceive a baby boy, they should have plenty of sex in the winter, because a man's sperm count is higher in the winter months than it is in warmer months. And this would indicate a cycle.

But, not only that, I have noticed that men seem particularly more moody during certain times of the month. They may not get the cramps, bloating and bleeding that we girls get, but have the tendency to want to not deal with anything and sit and play video games all day when their version of "TOM" comes to visit. They will usually say that they cannot deal with the "drama", usually pointing a finger in our direction. But, I have found that many times, but not all times, they are the source of the drama and not the victims of it. But this is sometimes hard for men to swallow.

I have found a good example with a young celebrity ghost hunter, Zak Begans. Now Zak is already a pretty dramatic guy, I enjoy counting how many times he says "WHAT WAS THAT?!" and "DID YOU HEAR THAT!" with an over the top surprised expression on his face. I follow him on Twitter, and one time he posted a commit that indicated that if a relationship has any sign of drama, he is "out of there." Now I am a big fan of Ghost Adventures, and really like Zak, but you cannot tell me that he is not a source of drama sometimes. Sorry, Zak, drama is not a demon that you can do an EVP session with and ask it to leave you alone. And we are all "possessed" with the demon of "DRAMA".

But anyways, I have even noticed that even other men will joke about men feeling out of sorts, usually saying something like "hey man, you got PMS or something cause you are acting like a girl" or "you need a Tampax to go with that?". Now if a guy says something like this to a a woman, they are lucky if they don't get slapped. But it is even more insulting to a man. Honestly there is nothing wrong with occasionally feeling emotional, but sometimes I feel that men feel emotions just like we do and they cannot always blame us for the drama.

Comments

Popular Posts